PRESS THE LINK BELOW TO KNOW WHAT ANIMAL (HOROSCOPE) YOU ARE...
February 7 is the chinese new year.
Gong xi fa chai! HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL and we also celebrate my dear father's birthday too. If he'll alive he's 93 years old. I really missed you DAD!
Wherever YOU are, i hope you had a wonderful birthday! Enjoy there too.
FOODS & CELEBRATION!
* Lotus seed - signify having many male offspring
* Ginkgo nut - represents silver ingots
* Black moss seaweed - is a homonym for exceeding in wealth
* Dried bean curd is another homonym for fulfillment of wealth and happiness
* Bamboo shoots - is a term which sounds like "wishing that everything would be well"
* Fresh bean curd or tofu is not included as it is white and unlucky for New Year as the color signifies death and misfortune.
2008 is the Year of the Rat!
There are three ways to name a Chinese year:
1. By an animal (like a mscot).
2008 is known as the Year of the Rat.
There are 12 animal names; so by this system, year names are re-cycled every 12 years. More.
2. By its Formal Name (Stem-Branch).
This year is the year of Wu Zi.
In the 'Stem-Branch' system, the years are named in 60-year cycles, and the Name of the Year is repeated every 60 years.
2008 is the 9th year in the current 60-year cycle.
3. Current year is Year 4705 by the Chinese calendar.
which is also known by its former name of Wu Zi.
Friday, February 8, 2008
Added by Pikiteniang Swefil på 10:41 PM